Monday, June 3, 2013

TGIPD (Thank Goodness It's P-Day

Hey Friends and Family!

I hope you are all doing well! Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes i had such a great birthday! My companions are flippin' amazing!!! Sister Jensen decorated our kitchen with balloons and streamers! She is honestly too cute. She also bought me Michigan socks... yeah she is a funny one haha It was honestly such a great day though.

So my area is doing well. So this week Sister Jensen and I have decided that we want to work on strengthening the members. We know how important the members are to the work. With out members we can not be successful, us missionaries can not so it alone!  So we have started doing a lot of member visits where we are teaching the restoration, or the plan of salvation, or the gospel of Christ! Yesterday we had a lesson with a recently returned missionary. He has been back for four months. While we were teaching him the spirit was really strong. We asked him how we had felt while we were teaching and he said, "better than i have felt in a long time." That to us was confirmation that building the members is really what we need to do. The members need to feel the spirit just as much as our investigators do!. In a YSA ward everyone is still trying to figure out who they are and what they are supposed to be doing. It is when they are standing on their own testimonies for the first time. We love our members and we are excited to work with them more and help there friends come to the knowledge of the gospel too!

Yesterday at church we had no investigators turn up at all but it was the best day i have had at church in a long time because five of our less actives including one who hadn't been to church in 15 years turned up to church. It was a miracle! We were so grateful that Heavenly Father had allowed us to witness that and that we were able to be a part of that experince. We are hoping next week that we can get even more LA there!

Ok so Sister Jensen is amazing as usual. We really love being together and we love teaching together. I learn so much from her everyday! She is such a fire cracker and keeps our energy running high. We love working in this ward and although this has been the hardest area for me so far it has also been so rewarding. I have learned so much in only four weeks and i know that i still have SO much to learn. I! Sister Jensen is so focused on the work and our investigators and it is so fantastic! She is such a great missionary i am secretly hoping he visa doesn't come for a whole nother transfer!! Oh but i do have a pretty funny story about her. So a couple of weeks ago Sister Jensen was woken up by some loud noises upstairs. Her first thought when she woke up was that it must be a burgler, so apparently she started calling my name but i was sleeping like a rock so i couldn't hear her! So she gets out of bed and quietly walks over to my bed so the buguler couldn't hear her and shakes me awake. Just as i am waking up it crosses her mind that it might just be the members getting home (Which of course it was). So she tells me that she thought there was a burgular and then that she had realized that it was proably just the mebers. I confrimed that one for her. We then both laid awake for an hour as the members proceeded to unpack there thingts at 12am. It was pretty funny the next day when we woke up. We know have an inside joke though that she will wake me up in the middle of the night when she gets scared. Bless her little cotton socks haha.
.
So this week I studied a lot about the nature of God and it was so amazing. I love my Heavenly Father so much and i know i can not comprehend how much he loves me and each child around me. But i do know that he loves us and wants us to return to him, and he is dying to bless us. I know that he tries to give us every opportunity he can to grow and learn. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows what i can handle and helps me carry by burdens and helps me through my trials! I love the scripture in John 14 that says:

27 aPeace I leave with you, my bpeace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be ctroubled, neither let it be afraid.

And then i love the scripture in John 16 that says:

 33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have apeace. In the bworld ye shall have ctribulation: but be of good dcheer; I have eovercome the world.

There is so much hope and peace that comes from Faith in Christ! I know that Christ's gospel has been restored on the earth again through Priesthood power. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has given us a Prophet to lead us in this day. I know that Thomas S. Monson is that Prophet and that through him Christ leads the church today.

I hope you have a great week and remeber to talk with your Heavenly Father! He loves you and wants to hear from you!

Love you all
Sister Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment